With PC17 being a creative success that was very well recieved, plans to make yet another gender equal prog festivals were made. As Musikverket focused much on creating more gender mixed festival line-ups, PROGRESSIVE CIRCUS 2018 got financial support to book acts that were either female dominated or gender equal and with the rules that actually applied to all booked acts except VUUR. The result was a great lineup of Swedish legendary Hammond queen Merit Hemmingson who opened the festival, dutch phenomena Anneke van Giersbergen with a super nice acoustic set, russian Iamthemorning who did a hauntingly magic show, Promise & the Monster, and finally prog metal band VUUR with Anneke back as front figure to end it all on a high note. The venue Palladium added to the very appreciated ambience of the event.
Click the images to see the announcements
Reviews and articles
Thank you post from PC
It’s been a week since Progressive Circus 2018 and we have a few things to say/write…
We had a GREAT time last saturday, and it was a big joy to meet all of you nice artists and visitors. We were also happy to see the bands, artists and crew talk and interact with eachother, and the atmosphere was really friendly and cozy, both on stage, in the audience and backstage. Also, we’ve been arranging events in many venues and must let you know that basically EVERY time, the personnel have told us how LOVELY our audiences are. You come for the passion for the music, and actively contribute to make the concert experience positive!
We have many THANKS to hand out, to:
– Musikverket, for making PC18 possible at all, and for giving us the chance to hold an incredible quality level on all five concerts of the festival
– ALL who have spread the word and helped us reach out to as many potential ticket buyers as possible! A special thank you to Martin Sandberg and Marcus Bengtson who have topped the PC18 like-&-share-list!
– THE AUDIENCE, coming all the way from Mexico, Chile, Australia, Russia, UK, The Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Denmark and Sweden to our musical party.
– ARTISTS/BANDS & CREWS for being easy and fun to work with, and of course for giving great concerts!
– Palladium Malmö who have once more been terrific to work with. Big thanks for your professionalism and great service level! Thanks, Emma Petersson, Filip Vilhelmsson, and also William from Tune!
– Pablo Suzarte from MpmpStudio for photo/video documenting the concerts with great quality
– Johan Arnesson and Sara Arnesson for taking care of our kids!
Now, we’re counting down to Spock’ Beard & Roine Stolt’s The Flower Kings Revisited in December, and the concerts in 2019. Oh yeah, sorry, you haven’t been told about them yet… So, just stay patient and you will be informed later on…
Prog hugs & kisses,
Anna & Marcus Enochsson
Photos by Pablo Suzarte at MpmpStudio
Photos by PC